Dysport® injections contain botulinum toxin (type A) that helps relax your muscles by blocking the release of a chemical called acetylcholine. This chemical is responsible for the action of contracting smooth muscles.
During a treatment session, our Dysport® trained practitioner injects the formula into the targeted area, which temporarily weakens the tense muscle.
There are a variety of toxin products available on the market that includes Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®.
The most popular toxin products are Botox® and Dysport®.
What are the main differences between Botox® and Dysport® injections?
Botox® contains a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum. The Dysport® formulation includes the fermentation of a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum type A. In essence, both brands are classified as a neurotoxin but differ in the type of bacterium used.
Dysport® is considered more cost-effective than Botox® due to the quantity required per injection differs.
Dysport® and Botox® results have a different time frame to show results. Generally, Botox® can take up to 2 weeks to fully develop in targeted areas. In contrast, Dysport® shows results immediately (depending on your case, it might take a few hours).
How long do Dysport® effects last?
Dysport® results can last up to 5 months depending on the injected area or the amount used.
How can Dysport® injections work or help me?
We can achieve the following with Dysport® injections:
– Decrease the pain caused by chronic migraines.
– Reduce the masseter muscle responsible for your jawline appearance
– Treat severe underarm sweating.
– Reduce bunny lines on the nose (this appears when your crinkle your nose)
– Minimize the side effects of bruxism (also known as teeth grinding and clenching)
– Reduce the appearance of a dimpled chin
– Treat gummy smiles – we do this by injecting Dysport® in the upper lip muscle to pull the lip over teeth.
– Reduce moderate or severe lines on your forehead or around your eyes (also known as crow’s feet).
How do I start my Dysport® injection journey?
For our team to assess your case, we would recommend booking a consultation appointment with our facial aesthetics department. From there, you can discuss your concerns and disclose any vital health-related issues.
Book your consult today