Elna Van Der Ham
Elna van der Ham qualified in 1977 at the University of Stellenbosch in Dip. Oral Hygiene and obtained the Extended Function in Oral Hygiene Certificate in 2005 at the University of Western Cape. In 2013 she received the Advanced life support certificate, and also went to Spain for Bio-cosmetics laboratory training in dental bleaching, dry mouth systems and Halitosis-bad breath products – Air lift and to Prague for iTOP Training – Curaprox systems.
She has worked in general private practice for 4 years and Private Specialist Periodontal Practice for 33 years.
She is currently serving on the OHASA National Executive Committee as Immediate past president, is an Editorial board member for the OHASA Journal and was Website co-ordinator for OHASA from 2009-2012. Committees that she has served on include: Vice Chairperson on the Local Organizing Bid Committee for the IFDH 2013 Congress , Chairperson of the Marketing and Sponsorship committee for the ISDH 2013, OHASA IFDH Representative for 6 years, Finance and Development committee member for the IFDH and chairperson for 3 years, the Oral Hygiene representative on the SASDI national executive committee since 2008, Secretary to SASDI in 2012, SADA liaison person, Organizer of the oral hygiene program for the SADA international Congress in 2012 – “Dental dignity for all”, Organizer of the oral hygiene program for the Cape Dental Show 2011, and is currently serving on the Dental Wellness Trust and serving on the Professional Public Relations Committee OHASA.
Previous Lectures & Media Exposure:
- Oral-B launch of Oh-Magazine – Opening speech
- Various articles written for the Oh -Magazine
- SASDI Durban Congress – Implant maintenance – The role of the Oral Hygienist
- OHASA seminars
- TV Interview- Me Time – “What is and oral hygienist?”
- Article for the Glamour magazine – Frequently asked questions on Oral Hygiene
- Lectured at the Cape Dental Show 2011
- Presented a three day lecture program for the oral hygiene component of the Namibian Dental Show 2011-Swakopmund – lectures and the hands-on courses.
- Article for Career Magazine on the oral hygiene profession
- Lecture on Bleaching at the Cape Dental Show 2013
- Radio/TV interviews during the 2013 ISDH
- Presented Lecture at the ISDH 2013 –“Bridging the GAP in the 20th century” exploring a Western Cape phenomena
- Lectured iTOP introduction February 2014
Book an appointment on our new booking service with one of our oral health professionals and specialists in different fields of dentistry.